My parents and I are in the middle of a two-week puppy sitting assignment. This puppy is staying with us while my friend is in Japan with her boyfriend and his family. We’re the only family she knows that has a yard, so that’s why she asked us.
And I’m surprised my dad said yes because whenever I mention that I want a dog, he says no. Yet he’s all for watching one.
I bet he regrets his decision now…
This puppy is 6 months old, and she’s a bit spoiled. She’s cute (German Shepard), but chews on everything, always wants to play, and likes to jump on you. And she’s a terrible walker, always sniffing the grass, eating rocks, etc.
But despite all of that, she’s bringing us closer. My parents have figured out a schedule to take her out, and I walk her whenever I can. It’s a nice shake-up to the usual routine.
One more week.
I realized that I can be self-centered. I sometimes think that my problems are more important than anyone else’s.
A friend of mine told me bad news, and for a while I felt stupid for thinking that “I” was having a tough time, when she was clearly having it far worse. There was a moment where I forgot about what was going on in my life, and focused on her. It made me sad to know she was sad. My problems didn’t matter.
We may think we have it bad, but someone always has it worse.
Take that statement as you will. Good or bad.
I’m not an expert on the male species, but these are just the MANY reasons why a guy wouldn’t reply to a girl’s text.
- He’s busy
- He’s deliberately stalling, with the motivation to make you feel as anxious a wreck as possible. He might wait an entire 24-hours to respond to your “hey, what’s up?” because he has a plan. And it usually works…until he responds, and the urge to talk to him fades.
- Maybe the text needed no response? Possible.
- He kept his phone on silent
- He deleted your number, so you’re now “unknown person” and he doesn’t answer texts from strangers.
- Seeing your name appear on his screen made him so excited that he died from happiness.
- He doesn’t know what to say
- You disgust him
- He’s. Moved. On. (The worst reason on this list)